Friday, January 11, 2019

Almond cake


Today I made an almond cake for my family. I wanted to surprise them with something new and different. I hope they will like it. I found the recipe in my friend's blog  https://bubolinkata.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_23.html . 
I was attracted by this cake only looking at the photos. Everything looked so delicious to me that I was craving for a bite. I  postponed making the cake finding different reasons. Most of the time I was to busy or too tired. Finally the Big Day came. Hopefully I had most of the products. Those that weren't available I replaced them creating a new recipe. :) The original you can check in bubolinkata's website. I'll share with you the recipe that I used for this dessert.


For the layers I followed strictly Bubolinkata's recipe:

  • 50gr. butter-room temperature
  • 250gr. raw almonds
  • 100gr. icing sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 egg whites
  • 25gr. flour
  • 1 tbsp. sugar



In preheated oven (160 degrees Celsius)  bake the almonds,  cool them and then grind them finely in a blender. Mix them  with half of the icing sugar. In a bowl beat the 3 eggs and gradually add the other half of the icing sugar. Then add the ground almonds and the butter. Add gradually the flour.
In a different bowl beat the egg whites with the sugar. When the fluffy mixture is ready add it to the first bowl.
Pour the blend in a 20cm pan lined up with baking paper. Bake 20-25 min in preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius.



Now the filling. Here I made some changes because I hadn't any marzipan bar at home.
Filling:
500gr. mascarpone
1/2  milk chocolate finely ground in a blender
25ml. rum
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup icing sugar



After the almond layer is baked and cooled we cut it in 2 parts. The biggest part of filling we put between the layers. The other part we spread on  and around the cake. I knead marzipan and I place it  on the top of the cake. For the decoration I used melted chocolate ganache, raw almonds, finely ground almonds spread around the cake. Regarding the decoration the choice is yours.





And a slice for you :)





No comments:

Post a Comment