Sunday, April 26, 2020

Three-layered raw cake





I was inspired to make this cake by Silvena Rowe's Master class 2 weeks ago. The chef gave a detailed explanation how to make this irresistibly delicious dessert. On the other side I love raw cakes, their texture and natural flavor. There wasn't any doubt to make or not to make the cake. I just waited for the right moment. And today this moment cameπŸ˜‰

I haven't had a chance to go and look for all of the ingredients in Silvena Rowe's recipe because of the situation with the corona virus . That's why I changed it a little bit...Those of you who know me and follow my blog, you know that I like very often to make some experiments, to modify the recipes. Nothing new!





I give you the recipe that I used today:
I layer:
  • 1/4 cup raw almonds
  • 1/2 cup raw walnuts
  • 1 cup dates
  • 1/2 cup coconut flakes
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup


II layer:
  • 1 cup raw cashew, soaked for 4 hours in water
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup almond butter
  • 1/3 cup coconut milk
  • salt
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract


III layer:
  • 1 cup raw cashew, soaked for 4 hours in water
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup almond butter
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1/3 cup coconut milk
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup blueberries (I used frozen this time)


All of these 3 layers are done in blender separately. When I poured the second layer (with the cocoa powder) I left the cake for 30 min.in the freezer. Then I poured the 3rd layer and again I left the cake in the freezer for another 30 min.

I didn't have any fresh fruit at home, unfortunately. That's why I couldn't decorate the cake in the way I would like. I used some of the French macaroons that I have and some blueberries covered in chocolate.



No comments:

Post a Comment