Friday, September 12, 2014

Almond flour muffins



Today I'll share with you a recipe that I tried this morning for the first time. It's very easy but the most important is that finally the muffins are incredibly delicious.
 
First preheat the oven to 325 F (160C)
The recipe is for 12 muffins.
 
Before I start with the recipe I'll explain you what I have changed...The real name is "Honey Applesauce Almond Flour Muffins". I replaced the honey with maple syrup. Of course, you can follow the original recipe. I am sure the taste will be irresistible.

 
Let's start:
3 cups almond flour
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 granulated sugar - I used brown sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 eggs
1/4 cup liquid honey - I used maple syrup
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted - I used unrefined virgin cocoanut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
 
1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, applesauce, honey, butter and vanilla until well blended.
3. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well blended. Gently fold in walnuts.
4. Divide batter equally among prepared muffins cups.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 min. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 min., then transfer to the rack to cool.
 
Enjoy them!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment