Thursday, March 17, 2016

Gluten-free bread


Hi everyone! As you notice even from the title of my new post, today I'll share with you something different from what I'm making- my favorite cakes.

Today I'll dedicate my post to something salty, something different, something according to me, healthier. Here, it's the moment to mention, that this type of bread is not for everyone. From one side, gluten-free breads are the only choice for the people with gluten intolerance. But the rest of us, who can eat product with gluten, we are two types - people who like gluten-free food or people who completely dislike it. Definitely, it's different. The taste is different. Even me (I have tried a lot of different gluten-free mixes) sometimes I can accept them, sometimes they are awful, sometimes they are delicious. Today I'll share with you a very delicious recipe.


For this bread I used a ready-made multi-grain bread mix made by the company Cuisine Soleil. The mix is organic. The ingredients in this mix are: brown rice flour, amaranth flour, buckwheat flour, tapioca and potato starch and xanthan gum.




The recipe that I used is:

  • 2 cups of this bread mix
  • 2 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. dry yeast
  • 1 tsp.salt
  • 3 large eggs (room temperature) + 30 ml. water
  • 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp. apple cider
  • 250 ml. water (warm 90 degree C )


Directions:
  1. Sift the flour twice.
  2. Put the flour in a bowl, add the brown sugar and mix
  3. Add 1/2 cup of the warm water in a small bowl, add the yeast and mix
  4. In a bowl whisk the eggs and 30 ml. of water with the oil, the yeast, the salt, the vinegar and the rest of the water.
  5. Combine the liquids and dry ingredients together.
  6. Whisk with a mixer 2-3 min. The dough will be thick.
  7. Pour in a lightly pre-greased mould.
  8. Let it rise until it doubles the size (about 40 min.)
  9. Preheat the oven at 325 degree F. Bake for 40 min.
  10. After 25 min, cover with a piece of aluminium foil if the dough darkens too quickly.
  11. Wait 25 min before taking out of the mould and cool before slicing.


I baked some of the dough in a bread pan and the rest I spread in mini cupcakes. On the top I spread some dried rosemary. 





I found this bread simply delicious. But instead of talking, it's better if you try this recipe. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment