Tuesday, March 31, 2015

It's time for more Easter cookies


This weekend accidentally I found some new Easter cookie cutters. I bought them with the idea one day to use them and to prepare some cookies. Next year, for example...But on the next early morning I was ready with the cookie batter and immediately I started kneading...:)
I was such an enthusiast that I made even 2 different cookie batters - regular one and one with gluten-free flour.

I baked more than a dozen of  purple tulips decorated with colorful and purple sprinkles.


Honestly on the picture they don't look very attractive. Definitely I can't take professional photos.... My tulips look on the photos very dull with lack of any brightness and shine.


I used a lot of sprinkles because my kids adore them :) And I wanted everything to be very colorful and bright and childish...



Of course, I didn't stop with the tulips...I used the other cookie shapes and look at what I have made for the upcoming holidays for my kids...


...bees, and butterflies, bunnies, eggs, baskets of eggs, chicks,flowers and more tulips :)





The pansies are knitted by hand. I found this knitted piece with the beautiful pansies at home and I thought that it's a good option for a decor right now. It's full of color and life, it brings the spring mood.


All cookies I covered with fondant and then I painted them by hand using the Wilton gel dyes. During the whole coloring process I felt like a small child who have to prepare at home his school activity :) It was such a fun. Next time I promised my kids that they will participate.

I made some batter balls at the ends and I called these cookies "walnuts". On the top I spread some cocoa powder. 



I hope I gave you more ideas what you can prepare for the upcoming Easter, for your family, for the little ones and even for yourself :) Even the kids can participate in this activity and in some way they can help you with all the cooking preparations.

Happy holidays, my virtual friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment