Saturday, December 5, 2015

Raw cake with young coconut meat


This raw cake is for Isabelle's birthday. Her mom and daddy ordered the cake and they asked me for a healthy one, no sugars, no flour,no any artificial colors. The parents asked me for a cake with young coconut meat. It makes the filling creamy and very delicious.

That was my biggest challenge. It is very difficult to find young coconut around me, in my district. Anyway, after a long research I found the young coconut. And because everything in this cake is raw I can't make any part (base or cream filling or any decorations in advance). I left, of course everything for the last moment.

Being honest with you I am not so keen to do anything at the last moment. This time it was the same. 
I made two different fillings: the first one is white (young coconut meat and chia seeds) and the second one is with young coconut meat,no chia seeds and with some carob powder. The carob powder makes the filling very delicious like a chocolate filling. All the preparations were perfect, the work went in the right way till the moment when I had to remove the ring that I used. The fillings were stable but  not stable enough...

I was very disappointed, very stressed, very nervous and confused. I didn't know what to do and how to deal with the cake. I didn't want to make it in a glass pan. Definitely in that way everything will be perfect. I won't think if the cake will begin leaking or not. But I wanted a perfect cake look with strictly separated layers...

Immediately an idea cake into my mind. I took a transfer sheet with Christmas leaves that I use for Christmas cake decorations. The transfer sheet will keep the cake stable till the moment I have to bring it to the birthday party.


Now it's time for the recipe:

1) First layer

  • 2 cups raw almonds
  • 2 cups dates
  • 1/2 cup carob powder
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
All these ingredients are blended together. I layered the mixture and I left in the fridge.

2) First cream filling-white
  • 2 cups of young coconut meat
  • 1 cup almond butter
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup agave syrup
All ingredients are mixed together in the blender. I spread the mixture on the top of the base of the cake and again I left in the fridge.

3) Second cream filling - brown
  • 2 cups of young coconut meat
  • 1/2 cup carob powder
  • 1 cup of almond butter
  • 1 cup agave syrup
The same procedure as the above mentioned. I made the cake in a cake ring. I left it for 2 hours in the freezer. Unfortunately, later on, when I wanted to decorated the cake with the fruit on the top and I removed the cake ring, the second cream filling wasn't so stable. That was my biggest problem at that moment. That's why I was "forced" to use the transfer sheet to keep the perfect cake shape....

On the top I spread some strawberries, tangerines, oranges, blackberries and raspberries.
And now a  photo what was inside...



Happy birthday, dear Isabelle!!!! Be very happy and healthy girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment