Friday, February 14, 2020

St.Valentine's cake 2020


That's my cake for St. Valentine this year. First, I haven't any idea what to make this year. Being honest with you, I was thinking to skip this Valentine's sweet tradition.
All of a sudden, the idea came into my mind!!!
I decided to make an experiment with a new for me butter cream recipe. This is the pink cream that you see around the cake. It can be used for inside (filling) cream as well as for outside. The interesting part is that the recipe is without any eggs!!!

Recipe for butter cream:
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 250 gr. butter
  • 1 tea spoon vanilla


Preparation:
Mix the following ingredients together in a bowl (flour, sugar, milk, vanilla) and bring to boil. Whisk constantly for 6-7 min.  Here I added my color. Then pour the mixture into another bowl and cover with plastic wrap just to prevent forming a hard crust. Wait 1 hour to cool down. 
During that waiting time you can beat the butter approximately  5 min. When the milk mix is cooled you can start slowly adding it to the butter.

My cake is made out of strawberry layers. I used for filling the butter cream that I gave you the recipe and chocolate ganache.





Enjoy your St. Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment