Saturday, August 19, 2017

Happy birthday, dear Sophia

Happy birthday, dear Sophia!!!! We love you so much! All the best to you!!!!



Last we celebrated the 9th birthday of our elder daughter Sophia. There was a party with her friends at our yard. Hopefully the weather was nice and warm and the girls played a lot of water activities. All of them were completely wet and happy. 


As you can see this birthday was with two cakes. I thought that probably just one won't be enough for our guests. I offered to Sophia to choose two of her favorite Shopkins and I'll make cakes for her.


This one (sorry, I can't remember the name of these cute faces) is made out of rainbow layers (vanilla layers with colorful sprinkles inside the batter), fluffy chocolate cream and raspberries. Then I colored the icing, I used some sprinkles and and ice cream cone for the final decoration.





This Raspberry Shopkins is made out of Madeira cake (very good for 3D cakes or cakes that required a lot of carving). I made chocolate mousse and again I spread some raspberries on the cream. The cake is covered by colored icing except the face which is made out of fondant.




Beside the cakes I baked some chocolate and strawberry muffins. The chocolate ones were presents to Sophia's friends. We decorated them with real Shopkins. The strawberry ones I forgot to offer to our guests :(


It was very nice party. Second year in a row we celebrate with Shopkins :) I hope next year we will change the theme :)
Thank you very much to everyone of you who made our day very,very SPECIAL!


No comments:

Post a Comment